2 Bone-in Rib Eye Steak
4 tablespoon kosher salt
2 tablespoon black pepper
3 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 tablespoons canola oil
4 tablespoon finely sliced shallots
1. Preparation: Let steak sit at room temperature for 30 minutes to ensure even cooking.
2. Season steak with salt and pepper (steak will nearly be white from salt).
3. Heat a large heavy-bottom skillet over medium-high heat until butter sizzles. Add shallots and cook until translucent. Remove from pan and set aside.
4. Add in steaks. Cook until steaks turn deep brown 5-7 minutes for medium rare. Rotate steaks and cook until other side turns deep brown, about another 5-7minutes.
5. Remove from heat and layer with cooked shallots and buttery pan juices.